Mimaki has added a new volume textile inkjet production to its range with the introduction of the Mimaki TX500-1800DS, capable of printing at 150 square meters per hour on pretreated polyester fabrics. This printer, together with Mimaki’s new Sb300 sublimation ink, delivers enhanced capabilities and productivity to the textile apparel and soft signage markets by eliminating the need to print to transfer papers. The Mimaki TX500-1800DS printer is expected to be available in Summer 2012.
The Mimaki TX500-1800DS features a number of new capabilities that textile apparel and soft signage manufacturers will find attractive, including:
- Fast direct-to-textile printing at 150m2/h in high-speed mode. The TX500-1800DS uses newly developed printheads that achieve a maximum speed in four-colour mode that is 150% faster than conventional models. The printer includes six printheads, in a staggered configuration.
- Built-in heater accelerates drying time of printed fabric. This prevents ink set-off in the production process, improving overall quality and productivity while eliminating rework caused by excessive ink set-off.
- Mist absorption filter. The mist absorption filter prevents problems caused by ink mists and enhances the stability of print operations by suctioning the mist inside the printer and discharging it.
- Mimaki Degassing Module. The Mimaki degassing module (MDM-20) eliminates the gasses or bubbles that can occur in inks during the printing process, decreasing the likelihood of nozzle blockage and improving the accuracy of ink dot placement. In addition, this module enables the printer to use undegassed bottled inks instead of conventional degassed ink packs, thus reducing ink costs.
- New dye sublimation ink. Mimaki has developed a new ink, optimised for dye sublimation printing and for use with the TS500-1800SB and the TX500-1800DS. Sb300 ink offers an affordable price, dries quickly and produces brilliant colours. Two ink configurations can be selected at the time of printer installation: the 6-colour mode for smooth gradation and better pale colours, or the 4-colour mode for higher productivity.
- Auto Media Feeder (AMF). Mimaki’s unique Auto Media Feeder provides stable feed take-up of polyester fabrics, eliminating much of the need for operator intervention during printing.
Contact Magnus Mighall for further details. Tel 01625 576231. www.rasmart.co.uk